Freitag, 18. März 2011

Facebook is effing creepy!

Sometimes facebook really creeps me out. Today it suggested that I might know a person, which I do know but I have NO idea how facebook could possibly know that. She worked at the kindergarten where one of kids I took care of when I was Au-pair went to and I talked to her a couple of times while I was there. But I have never been in contact with her since that time (2007), I'm not friends with anyone she is friends with on facebook and it looks like she doesn't even live and work where she used to live and work. The only person I'm friends with at all from Sweden is the mother of the family I stayed with and there is no connection at all between them. How can this possibly happen? And it gets even creepier: just yesterday I was thinking about people from Sweden that I could add as friends on facebook and briefly thought about her. But neither could I remember her exact name, nor did I really want to look for her as we weren't friends back then or anything. I literally just had one quick thought about her. HOW CAN FACEBOOK READ MY MIND???!!?

1 Kommentar:

  1. And Facebook is not the only site. Somehow ICQ found nearly every single member of my year at school. Okay, that is easier, because some of them are in my friendlist, but still: Quite impressive.
    Well, my Facebook-Account is closed now, so at least that monster can't get through my tinfoil-hat anymore.

    AntwortenLöschen