Dienstag, 5. April 2011

Some quick thoughts on loss

I have discussed the loss of a person with a lot of people the last couple of years, especially in the time where it was my honest opinion that the best way to go through life would be to never get close to anyone, because you might lose him or her. Most of the time it came down to the question "is the pain that you feel after you lose someone worse than the good things you experienced before were good?". And I never really had a good answer to that other than "yeah, I think the pain outweighs the good things".
Just today I thought that that's not the point. Yes, the pain is excrutiating, but what is even worse, is, that the loss of someone makes every good memory you have of him or her, everything that was good - all the things that people told me outweighed the pain and were worth it - turn bad. You think of something good and then immediately your next thought is "and now he/she is gone". Instead of making you smile, like it used to, the memory makes you sad. At least that's how it is for me.
Just felt like sharing this. Maybe it will help some of you to understand my thoughts on the whole topic better.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen