Dienstag, 24. Mai 2011

8) A book that reminds you of a place

Today's book is „Svenne“ by Per Nilsson. It reminds me of Sweden, more specifically one of the rooms I was staying in while I was living there and even more specifically of the couch I I read it on during the dark Swedish winter of 2006/2007 after I got it for Christmas. It was the first Swedish novel I read that wasn't by Astrid Lindgren. I remember enjoying it. I don't really remember much of it, though. As far as I know it's about this teenager who becomes part of a Swedish nationalist/racist movement after being attacked by some immigrants. It's kind of one of these „be careful, kids, Nazis don't always look bad at first sight“ kind of books, which I wouldn't really recommend to adult readers, but at least this one is well written, catching and not too lecture-ish, which is a problem with those kinds of books sometimes.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen