Montag, 6. Juni 2011

20) The best book you've read at school

Oh boy. I was one of those kids who automatically assumed that books that you had to read during your German class, sucked, and who therefore didn't read most of them. The internet already existed at that time, so nobody noticed. I did read the books in my English class, though. One of the reasons for that is probably that almost all of my German teachers sucked balls (and I don't mean that in a literal way, even though one of them was gay). One book that I did enjoy, though, were Die Physiker by Dürrenmatt. I don't really remember much of it (It's been such a long time since then! I'm old!), but I remember that I liked it a lot. Also, it takes place at a lunatic asylum, which is always a nice setting.
Another book that I liked a lot was Das Parfum by Süskind, which shouldn't surprise anyone who knows my slight obsession with serial killers. I didn't like the end, though. That seemed a bit over the top to me.
I wouldn't say that any of these books was "the best", though, because I don't really know any objective way to judge which book is "the best". These were just some that I actually read and liked.

2 Kommentare:

  1. I agree that the end of "Das Parfüm" was over the top. But in fact I think every single scene with the allmighty Parfüm (sic!) in it where over the top. So it's not just the end. I liked the book also, though. And "Die Physiker", too. I like Dürenmatts books in general. Well, at least the ones I read. Especially "Der Verdacht". I was lucky and didn't have to write a test about these books, so I didn't have to read them enough to get annoyed.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Also ich mochte ja das Ende des Buches. Sehr konsequent zuende gedacht, wenn man bedenkt, dass er den perfekten Duft geschaffen hatte :)

    Und sonst finde ich beide Bücher eine wirklich gute Wahl, ich quäle bis heute damit Leute ;)

    AntwortenLöschen