Dienstag, 7. Juni 2011

21) The worst book you've read at school

Well, the problem is that I simply didn't read the books I didn't like. One that I started reading and did not like AT ALL is Die Blechtrommel by Günter Grass. I know, he's supposed to be a really amazing writer and shit, but I just didn't like it at all. I didn't like his style, I didn't like what happened, I thought the metaphors were fucking weird. Well, maybe one of the reasons was also, that I read it in a class that was held by a teacher, who was old, sick (in a physical sense and also sick of being a teacher), cynical and who was even less motivated than the students - which is kind of an accomplishment at a school where you had to deal with German teachers like that for 9 years. Well, not all of them were like that. We had a really nice, old German teacher in grade 5 and 6. He was kind of stuck in the 1950s, but that's okay. Then we had a really good, motivated young teacher in grade 7. Grade 8: Herr B. - old, not motivated at all, hated women, spend more time telling stories than actual teaching, enjoyed bullying girls. After that we had Herr C. ... oh, Herr C. He was adorable and nice and so trying to be a good teacher - but unfortunately he was kind of bipolar and most of the time just depressed. Also, he had no authority at all - which is not always a bad thing, but it is a bad thing in 9th grade. After that we had a REALLY young teacher, who tried (too hard) to get authority, but who failed miserably at it, which made all his effort useless. He might have been a good teacher if anyone would ever have listened to him. But at least he did something I would consider teaching at all. 11th grade: Herr C. again. And then two years of the first teacher I described. Yay. Bavarian schools are so great.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen