Dienstag, 28. Juni 2011

Stressed out cooking

Another dream! Somehow my dreams always come in groups. When I can remember one, it's much more likely that I will remember one in the next night as well. I should do a study about this.

Anyway, the dream was about some kind of family event. A big family event like a wedding or something. But it wasn't a wedding, because the main person of the event was my 12 year old cousin. However, her parents weren't my aunt and her husband, but friends of my sister. The woman was Asian-looking. I can't remember the guy, though. Anyway, I had promised to help out, so I went to their place and asked what I could do and because they were busy and just running around like crazy doing things, I suggested that I could cook and bake two cakes. The woman said "yes, that's fine". I tried to talk to her about what cakes I should bake, but she was too busy to really talk to me. I thought that I would probably do a peanut-currant-vanilla-cake (which, by the way, is soo yummie. I have to post the recipe some day) and a New York Cheesecake. I then cut up some Mango and offered some to the woman while saying "so, is there anything you guys don't like or are allergic to or something?". She took some Mango, ate it and said "Yes, mango. None of us likes mango".
One of the things I was supposed to do, was taking my cousin and some other kids to some place together with my sister. I don't know exactly what kind of place that was, but it had something to do with the event. However, my cousin asked me "um, could someone else take us? I'm embarrassed in front of my class mates if you two take me". How charming. Anyway, then it suddenly turned out that the event was that exact day and not some other day (it wasn't yet clear which day it would be before) and they told me "great, you said you'd cook, so cook". So all of a sudden I had to cook for all the guests. I didn't even know where all the stuff was in the kitchen and it was very messy and weirdly organized, e.g. the knifes weren't even in the kitchen, but in the hallway. I started cutting up some bell peppers and pickled hot peppers, trying first how hot they were - they were not hot at all. I then tried to find a pan and then took a step backwards, when the Asian-looking woman was scurrying around again in the kitchen. I thereby knocked over a pile of red wine bottles, breaking some of them. I felt so sorry, because I knew that the people didn't have much money and now I had destroyed their wine! It was all so stressful and horrible!
Later in my dream I talked to my mom, who was the one who was now going to take the kids to wherever. We talked about how small the apartment was and for some reason that lead us to a conversation about Rome and I said that I loved Rome, but that it was probably really expensive, to which she replied that she once looked at an apartment there which was pretty small, but only cost 217 Euros a month. She didn't move in their, though, because she decided to stay in Germany.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen